Bookmark and Share

Pacquiao vs. Cotto is set for November 14!

After months of speculation as to whom he would be facing in his next fight, Pound for Pound king Manny Pacquiao has agreed to face WBO welterweight Champion Miguel Cotto at a catch weight of 145lbs on November 14. The fight, which Top Rank plans to promotionally bill as Power Surge, will take place at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, NV and will be televised live on HBO PPV.

Over the weekend during a long distance phone call, Pacquiao and Top Rank promoter Bob Arum came to verbal agreement to make the 12 round super fight. Welterweight champion Shane Mosley had been making serious attempts to land a fight with the Philippines superstar, even going so far to insist that he would drop down in weight to 140lbs to face Pacquiao for his super lightweight championship, but it was too little too late for Sugar Shane. Pacquiao vs. Cotto made more sense to Pacquiao, Cotto and Arum from a business standpoint, knowing that it was an easier fight to make and negotiate being that both champions are promoted by Top Rank.

Mark your calendars for November 14, as this tremendous welterweight match up will pit boxing’s pound for pound king of the Philippines against the finest pugilistic performer Puerto Rico currently has to offer! Pacquiao was last seen in the ring on May 2, scoring a 2nd round knockout of Manchester’s Ricky Hatton in Las Vegas to claim the super lightweight championship of the world. Just last month, Cotto won a dramatic and mildly entertaining split decision over Joshua Clottey to retain his WBO title on June 13 at Madison Square Garden in New York.

Reactions:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This gonna be a very excited fight. I'm sure most people talking about this fight.

Just want to share some updates: http://manny-pacquiao-vs-miguel-cotto.blogspot.com/

signals3_t5 said...

Hey Anonymous
completely agree with u buddy.........................................


Get More Details