Bookmark and Share

Cotto vs Mosley set for November 10!

WBA Welterweight Championship scheduled to take place at Madison Square Garden! Sweet music to my ears, good chance I will be in attendance!

It looks like the WBA Welterweight Championship match between defending undefeated champion Miguel Cotto and Former Welterweight and Super Welterweight Champion Sugar Shane Mosley has been finalized for November 10 at Madison Square Garden in New York City, NY. The fight will be televised live on HBO Pay Per View, but if all goes well, I will be attending this one live at the Garden.

This is sweet music to my ears, knowing that the fight is highly significant and Mosley has not had a fight on the East Coast in many moons it seems. I am a fan of both fighters, but I grew up watching Sugar Shane Mosley and I will never forget his first fight with Oscar De la hoya from June 2000. Miguel Cotto is an emerging Puerto Rican superstar, becoming the country's next budding icon following the great career of their previous hero Felix Tito Trinidad. Cotto vs Mosley is the most significant fight of this year in my opinion.

I promised that I would explain to you my reasoning behind this statement, I will do so very soon, but I just wanted to wait for the official announcement of the fight before I did so. Keep on the look out for my analysis and explanation behind the significance of Cotto vs Mosley - the most significant fight in 2007!

0 comments: