Bookmark and Share

Kirkland/Ortiz/Guerrero fight reviews coming soon!

Over the weekend, James Kirkland and Victor Ortiz both scored impressive TKO wins on HBO Boxing After Dark, but I was not at home to watch these fights. I believe they are going to replayed one more time tonight on one of HBO's channels - HBO2 East I believe. Upon watching all three of the televised fights in their completion, I will post an update regarding my views based on the performances of Kirkland, Ortiz, and Robert Guerrero, whose fight ended in a highly disappointing no-contest. Ortiz appears to be the goods at 140lbs; this young kid has a bright future ahead of him in the talent laden jr welterweight division. Last time I saw Ortiz, he looked sensational on the the Pacquiao/De la hoya under card, stopping Jeffery Resto in devastating fashion. The two round destruction of "Mighty" Mike Arnaoutis is clearly the biggest win of his career to this day, especially when you consider the fact that some experts and journalists, including but not limited to Boxingtalk's Greg Leon, were picking Arnaoutis to defeat Ortiz. I am definitely looking forward to watching a replay of these fights this evening. Stay tuned to BoxingChronicles.com!

0 comments: